• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Selling the business

gwolf1970

LawnSite Member
I have 40 residential accounts mostly under half acre that I cut biweekly. I cut for approximately 8 months here. Average of $45 per cut.
How much would you ask for ?

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Add up what they give you for a year, take that total divide it by 12, so you have a month's worth of income. That will be the buyers starting point and it may be all it's worth.

OP
G

gwolf1970

LawnSite Member
No, I’m still here. Def lower than I expected. This is a side gig I started about 3 years ago. I currently have a guy that has his own lawn company cutting them for me right now. He’s getting me through the season and wants to buy my accounts no equipment. Guess the worth depends on who you ask and who really wants it. I know it’s hard to gauge and I knew it would bounce all over the place. Thanks for the input though.

snomaha

LawnSite Bronze Member
Two days work for half a year is not a viable business, whatever the equiptment is worth and possibly 50$ per account. Not to mention grass cutting is almost over for this year.
Hi Larry - don’t see you in business operations much anymore. Don‘t be afraid to get in there and rile us up!