1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Selling The Magnum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Sep 1, 2003.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have made a descision that I want to sell my "might as well be new" stihl BR 420c Magnum BP Blower. It has less than 5 hrs of use, and was only used for 1 cleanup last fall along with blowing a few drives.

Their is no mechanical problems with it, fires on 3-4th pull no problems. It has been a good unit, none of the mech problems that I have heard about with some others, I just need somthing with more power and would probably get either a 650 or a shindaiwa next.

My thoughts were to go with ebay and start the bid @ 300.00, I paid 399.00 when purchased from dealer.

What do you think, Input would be very appreciated.

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Good Luck - I personally would not pay over 50% of the original purchase price for a used piece of hand held equipment. If it were me I would keep the machine as "backup" before taking a 50% hit because like you said it is "almost new".
    BobR

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

$300 is a fair price I feel. But like said before, I would just hang onto it, you never know when you are going to need it again.

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I am going to agree with others here. Keep it around for when you have another person working with you, or if your new purchase goes down, etc. From personal experience I would rather have 2 good back packs and 1 good big blower.