1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Sending Postcards??? How to get addresses??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JShe8918, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey i am ordering 2500 postcards and i want to send them out, but how will i get all of the addresses for me to know where to send them. Or how does this work. And what kind of Return rate do you think i will get. Or Feedback i guess i should say. I am new to the mailing out advertisement stuff. Thanx in advance.

2. JShe8918

Common someone has an answer.....

3. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

You can purchase mailing lists by the zip code and many other options. I bought mine at Vistaprint.com. I think you can expect a 1-2% return.

4. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

For that many addresses you probably want to purchase the addresses, check out vista print like coonman said. I only send out about 500 postcards and I target specific areas using zillow.com

You can expect anywhere from a 1%-3% return on the post cards. For 2500 cards you should expect an average return of 50 calls give or take.

5. Hoss315er

Hoss315er LawnSite Member
    from NY

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you know a realtor? If so ask them for a tax ID list for a certain neighborhood. That will get all the their names and addresses.

7. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

www.Alabama.gov should be helpful. You'll want to find the portal for taxes. It will give you 90% of most addresses and Owner names. It will also tell you the sq.ft. of the property !

8. JShe8918

Thank you so much. I love the white page thing it is wondrefull because i know the streets in the neighborhood i mainly want to target. Would ya'll suggest post cards or direct mailing?