• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Sending Private Messages.

Doc8406

LawnSite Fanatic
gosh, i hope that he knows how to do it now! :eek:

OakNut

LawnSite Platinum Member
I don't know that I actually do know how.
If that's a "private message", what are all the messages I see on many people's profile pages?

I guess I'll just try sending something as a "test" to someone first, to see how it goes.

I realize that no matter how private a forum claims the message to be, the admins have access, but some things just aren't meant for public consumption.

Thanks for the tips thus far

KerbDMK

LawnSite Bronze Member
Profile posts and private messages are different things. What is the purpose of profile posts?

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
I don't know that I actually do know how.
If that's a "private message", what are all the messages I see on many people's profile pages?

I guess I'll just try sending something as a "test" to someone first, to see how it goes.

I realize that no matter how private a forum claims the message to be, the admins have access, but some things just aren't meant for public consumption.

Thanks for the tips thus far
Those are profile posts...they've been there a long time as well. I promise you, choosing to start a conversation is exactly what the private messages were in the past