Sensation walkbehind help needed

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by emotorwerks, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. emotorwerks

    emotorwerks LawnSite Member
    from PA
    Messages: 1

    Hi guys, I have a Sensation made by Gilson that I need to find a drive belt for. The plate says: Sensation Model:56073 48135 Serial:4163B1 883 Division of Gilson Bros Co. It's a cool mower, looks like the deck can be replaced with a tiller, snowblower, etc. It is a 48" cut, very heavy duty mower. I can't find anything at all about this thing on the net. I know they were eventually bought by Toro so I'm gonna try the local dealer.

    The mower has an 18 Hp Briggs twin and is in great shape. The problem is that it needs a belt from the engine pulley to the trans pulley. There is an idler that takes up the slack when the deadman handles are pressed. I have tried a 3/8x34" and its too small, a 3/8x35" is too big. Do you think I should look for a 34.5" belt?

    Thanks for any help you can offer.
  2. khouse

    khouse LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,465

    what kind of belt? fhp, industrial, 3l. You could run the mower over to your nearest belt and hose company and they will be glad to help you.
  3. Restrorob

    Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,029

    Can you post some pictures of this beast ? Maybe of the drive system, Most units will have some type of adjustment for this belt. Possibly on the linkage or the idler pulley may be mounted on a slot in the arm so as can be slid back and forth.

Share This Page