Sensitivity to 3-way herbicides

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Maybe it's the odor? Go with a low odor formulation. I know when I tried Momentum 4Score it stunk so bad I felt off. No longer use it.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Ditto what Barry said. Replace the pre filter/ carbon cartridges every year also.

Stick with Amines, Esters only when temps below 50F.

PPE and more water (carrier) per 1,000 sq ft is your friend.
I agree with this suggestion. N95s filter particulates but not fumes. Actual respirators filter the toxic fumes, as well as the particulate matter. If used often I would recommend changing filters more often than annually. Some of the filters I have seen are rated for only 8 hours of heavy usage. I would lean more towards changing the filters weekly, if they are used daily.

The mask pictured is a half face mask. There are also full face versions available which cover your eyes, if that is a concern at all.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
If I had to apply in those respirators in the heat day in day out.....I'd find another line of work...

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Here is a non-2,4-D product.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I wore them for many years while spraying trees. Much harder than spraying turf. You get used to it.
Just like I'm 'getting used to' wearing face muzzles in public these days. No thanks, but certainly others can go for it. Trees I can see because you have a mist falling down on you. Lawn treatments....this is another reason folks really need to be using low volume ride on's with coarse droplet tips. You keep your feet out of the treatment area, and you keep your nose and mouth well away from the droplets.
Not to say a stiff breeze around the corner of a building cant carry some up toward your face, but.....

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic