1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

sentar mulcher kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwc, Jul 22, 2003.

1. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

hello.
    I just put a mulching kit on my new Wright Sentar (48") and I am having trouble with it leaving a windrow on the discharge side of the deck. It has the solid plate with the curved piece underneath to form the rest of the deck on the discharge side plus 2 other baffles in the middle. I am running the regular blades that come on the mower which is what Wright said they use with the mulch kit. I mow 90% bermuda grass. Anyone know what might fix this?

thanks!
    dwc

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 61 Sentar and mow mostly St Augustine grass but have a few lawns that have a lot of wild Bermuda in them and it mulches them beautifully. It is my understanding that the factory mulch kit from Wright is not much more than a block off plate. My dealer fabricated my mulch kit and it includes baffles that completely surround all 3 blades. You can PM me and I'll give you his number if you wish. He could fix you up with one of his custom kits.