1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Sentar Sport homebuilt bagging system

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by WJC, Jan 28, 2010.

1. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

I got to use it on about 4 clean ups last season, and this season I have already used it on a couple lawns due to the drought we've been in a lot of leaves have dropped. But so far this thing has worked really good. When the leaves are dry, you can run the blower at a slow speed and it still works fine. When the leaves are wet, you run it full speed. I have a piece of tarp inside the cage on the front side and the top, so the dust does not blow toward me. The Leaf Gobbler that I bought from Wright covers me in dust(and pisses me off). At this time, I cant think of anything that I would do different, but if I come up with something as I use it more, I'll post it.

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Great, Thanks.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I just need to add my congratulations to your ingenious idea and craftsmanship !!

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I want to see a picture of it dirty and full of leaves!

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

How about a video if you have time!

6. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

I will have two of these units in action sometime this coming week...

The guy who built it has been working on various evolutions of the design for a number of years now... ever since he got his first Wright Stander. I was intrigued when I first saw it, then I met him on a few properties to demo and was extremely impressed, then brought him to some of my properties to show my guys who are hard to impress and they loved it.

I can honestly say this unit out-performed our Walkers side by side...

Some big selling points for the vac:

- No moving parts/things to break. There is no impeller, the blower forces the side discharge up the chute.
    - Can be completely removed from the machine within a minute or two. The hopper slides in and out of the black mounts, and the boot and blower is held by a pin, in the same manner as a side bagger.
    - The bar/handle on the top-back pulls up then swings the entire back out to dump from the platform, dumps clean in seconds without getting off.

piggyback.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I thought my previous post was going into a thread that actually linked to this one...

8. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go and build something =0)

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

My rep told me about this also. Going to get one next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

How much did this cost you?