1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sentar?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, May 1, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I have been looking to trade one of my scag 61" tigers for a Wright Sentar, but just want to know are they as fast, as good of cut, I have heard they have had some reliability probs, they look great on paper, and in the showw room, I just want some feed back.

2. Media Lawnscape

Media Lawnscape LawnSite Member

Personally don't like them at all. I would stick with a real rider if I were you.

Sentars are very uncomfortable machines especially if you are a bigger person.

3. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I'm not huge but I do likw my space, they did seem alittle tight, but I thought it might just be me.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no complaints. I have been running mine for three seasons now and totally love it. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Comfort has also not been an issue.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I can cut you a deal on a 2003 61" sentar with 20 hours on it. I bought it spring of 2004. I bought mine for a large account, only to lose it 3 weeks later when the guy died. I was going to replace it with another 52" sentar (since it didn't match the rest of the fleet), but got a deal on a 52" stander so I bought that instead.

I like it. Its got power and will climb any hill you put it on.

The problems were with the original sentars, had a belt and wheel motor mount problem. The sentar II have a completely different belt system and wheel motor mounts, along with monster oversize pumps and motors. Its twice the machine.

6. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

How does a sentar do as far as mulching in the fall with leaves?

7. Itsgottobegreen

Well I never used it in the fall. But if it is like the standers with double gators. Then they are #$%^($&^%*& awesome at mulching leaves.

8. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

just bought one this season for a large account with a 61" sentar and a 48" w/b lesco we can do 90 homes in six hours cuts nice not so comfy after eight hours of mowing im 6'2 and 275 pounds and i have plenty of room to mow my brother is 6'5 and 180 pounds and he doesnt have a problem fiitting either great machine gonna buy another.

9. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

eXmark has the bagging system, how can wright compare as far a leaf collection goes?

10. Itsgottobegreen

The grass gobbler turbo 10 with turbo 10 leafgobbler. About $600 and has no moving parts. It packs leaves better than the regular leafgobbler and grassgobbler combo. I love mine. Its heavy, but bullet proof.