Service call software

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Bigred350, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

I am wanting to update our old system of handwritten bills when a irrigation service call is performed.

I would like for my irrigation tech to have iPad (or something similar) to keep in truck with a credit card reader.

When the tech arrives at house he can enter his time arrived. Then add in what ever parts he used to repair system. When he is done he can can put his finished time in and it comes up with a total bill. Then the home owner swipes there credit card and I get paid.

Do any of you guys have a system like this? Or how do you handle the billing?

2. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Most big software's will have this type of thing available. However it wouldnt be for just the service call, it would be for your entire business to run off of. We use Realgreen and could do this, im guessing SAP would also

3. paulsgrass

paulsgrass LawnSite Member

I was looking at the web site. It is never a good thing when someone selling something is embarrassed to post a price.

4. andersman02

Yeah, its expensive. Best thing to do is call and get a price for your exact needs (they have a BUNCH of extras you may or may not need) We pay $800/month for almost everything, and 4 users. Well worth it

5. paulsgrass

$800.00 a month ? What a SCAM ! What are you getting for that much money ? How many times do you need to buy the software ?

6. andersman02

$800/month is a drop in the bag for what you get. Talk to any real green user, they will tell you the same. Do a search, lots of topics on it.

Edit, expensive yes, but it literally took atleast 1 person's job out of office work. Just because it's expensive doesnt mean its a scam. We are a fertilizer/weed control company and that is 100% what the software is designed for. However, it can be used for any type of service company. Its only a "scam" if you don't use what you are paying for.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  7. paulsgrass

If you have to buy the software every month " ITS A SCAM ".

8. andersman02

Guess every RG and SAP user is getting "scammed" then. Good luck in your software search

Mudly likes this.
  9. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Um most software like that is monthly

10. paulsgrass

I would also be defending being taken for a ride.