1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Service Magic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobdaduke, Oct 20, 2004.

1. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

Has anyone had any luck with getting commercial accounts thru Service Magic? Would anyone recommend the service?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, I've never heard of them or what they are or do that I know of.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I can't imagine using Service Magic for mowing leads, especially commercial. Put yourself in a commercial business owner's shoes and ask yourself how you would go about finding a mowing service. Using SM is not anywhere near the top of that list. Figure out what it costs to get 1 customer and then weigh that marketing cost against whatever SM is charging these days.

And for what it's worth, even on the higher-ticket referrals (home improvement) it's hardly worth paying the costs they want for what they call "qualified leads". We tried it once. Once... :)

Tony

4. bobdaduke

Just having a hard time getting my first commercial account, I thought sm would help me out. would you do it for residential?

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search as I believe Jim Lewis uses them...if I am mistaken it is another long time member of the site. They have been discussed on here previously.

Gravely_Man

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

7. Gravely_Man

Tony, Thanks for finding that post. This one is just scary asking the same thing again. Hopefully they will get the information they need.

Gravely_Man

8. bobdaduke

If you have a problem, deal with me personally buddy, I bet you look scary!

9. Gravely_Man

Bobby Pope, I don’t have a problem with you at all, contrary to what you believe. I offered you advice to do a search as this topic had been discussed here previously. I then took the extra time and checked your post again to see if anyone else had added anything. Following the post by TonyGreek I commented it was scary you were asking the same question again. As you can tell I again followed up on your post to see if you got the information you needed and I see this from you: “If you have a problem, deal with me personally buddy, I bet you look scary!” by bobdaduke. How in the world do I deserve this comment? You asked the same thing twice and I assume that you didn’t get the information you were looking for. Everyone who has been on this site for any length of time knows I never say anything mean or nasty and I am always as helpful as possible. Since my comments will bring this thread back up to the top, what exactly are you looking for?

Gravely_Man

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

As you know from my previous responses regarding SM, I do love them. They've sent me hoards of business over the years - this year most of all. In fact, this year they probably sent me a little TOO many leads - as I was only able to respond to about half the leads I got from them because we've been so busy.

But commercial accounts? We have landed only 2 commercial jobs from SM over the years. And they were not long-term maintenance accounts. They were one-time jobs.

But they're great for residentials if you live in a populated area. I, personally, have had excellent success with them.