1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

service? who got it me or my mower

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by welch 1, Apr 21, 2003.

1. welch 1

welch 1 LawnSite Member

I took my char-jr back to dealer where i purchased it for fluid change and a recal on the exahust pipe. I also had question on my deck and there were a couple of bolts coming loose from the piston drives(or something like that) My mower only has 33 hours on it and I figured these fixes would be covered under warranty (excluding fluid changes) well I was charged $8.50 for the recal part and as far as I can guestimate I was overcharged about .7 hrs or $45.00 on labor. I earlier asked you should i continue a relationship with this dealer and now I q

2. welch 1

welch 1 LawnSite Member

question does the dealer still have the right to do warranty work? and if not why?

3. Bill Baltzer

Bill Baltzer Great Dane Representative
    from NC

Welch 1,
    There was no charge for customers on the recall you wrote about. Please keep in mind; the dealer MAY have done other work with the muffler (such as replace the gasket to the head) while he had the chance. That I don't know, however, could be a possibility.

If you find out the dealer unnecessarily charged you, I would certainly look for another dealer.

Thanks,
    Bill