• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Set ups

The landscaper

LawnSite Senior Member
Just curious to see what everybody is running. I know its going to be different for some people becuase they have different size jobs.

But. i am currently running a 48 wb with 60 rider. I have 2 of each. Some days i need both riders and can hold up to 3 mowers total.

I was thinking of changing out the 48's and going with 36's as i cant get the 48's in gates. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks Ja Red

kc2006

LawnSite Silver Member
Right now just running a 48" w/b. Soon will have a 60" Z and the 48" w/b. I tend not to take gated accounts so a 36" isn't for me. I need one of each mower though, the z for speed and the w/b for hills and such.

MTR

LawnSite Bronze Member
a 52" hydro walk and soon-to-be a 52"/54" Z. Best of both world.

northwest lawn

LawnSite Member
36" belt drive; 48" belt drive" 52"ztr; 61"ztr

OP
T

The landscaper

LawnSite Senior Member
i feel like if i get rid of the 48s for 36s i will lose time on jobs outside of the gated jobs. However, i really dont use the walkbehind all that much anyhow.

kc2006

LawnSite Silver Member
The landscaper said:
i feel like if i get rid of the 48s for 36s i will lose time on jobs outside of the gated jobs. However, i really dont use the walkbehind all that much anyhow.
As you stated you don't really use the 48" much and you have gated properties. Weigh the two. Gain X amount of time using the 36" in gated properties where your going to mostly use it vs. the smaller X amoutn of time using it outside of the gates.

Sounds pretty clear what you need to go with. :waving:

mcwlandscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
48" wb, 21" wb, thats it for me, not big enough to justify anything bigger. Hopefully a Z next year!!!

nobagger

LawnSite Gold Member
I have the perfect set up, well for me. I run a 36" Metro HP, and a 48" Hydro. Next year it will be the 36" and a 52" Turf Tracer HP. Along with all of the other goodies I'm good to go. The only reason I would buy a ztr is if I win a bid of 108 properties all right next to each other and all with gated back yards, then it would be definetly a 36" ztr. Maybe a Gravley 34"