1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

setting up legal in ohio

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by turfeater, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. turfeater

    turfeater LawnSite Member
    from ohio
    Messages: 166

    hello ,, about to take the plunge ,,, have 8 & 1 commercial accounts and building,, so I need to get going ,,,I'm working a regular full
    time job that I need for awile so
    I need advice how to set up ..do I need a federal Id ? then registar name ,then ? Insurance next then cpa then ??
    ,,, just setting up a sole owership no employees ? ?
    thanks already
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

    Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,281

    Well, you will need your service vendor's license. Go to www.tax.ohio.gov and that will give you a very good idea of items you will need. It costs 50 bucks to register your name with the sec. of state, the vendors license is 25.
    You need to have commercial auto on truck and trailer, then general liability policy as well. I pay 500 a year for GL through nationwide for a 2 million policy. You dont necessarily need a federal id, since you are sole op, you can just declare your income on your regular taxes at the end of the year. You dont necessarily need a cpa right away, but it would be good to have one, since they can help and make the set-up process much easier on you.

    Good Luck!!!! Tom
  3. Nathan Robinson

    Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712
    Messages: 317

    Call me and I have all the numbers of the people you need to call on me. I have did all of the shopping and I HAVE FOUND THE BEST PRICES! 812-457-8125..Nathan
  4. turfeater

    turfeater LawnSite Member
    from ohio
    Messages: 166

    thanks for the info !

    will get back to ya soon rt

Share This Page