Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Amazing news in an email after seeing those tire tracks earlier today. We will be doing all the prep work for a 18000 sq ft lawn that will be sodded. This is on the schedule for June 7th! Also on Tuesday, we will be finishing up an 11,000 sq ft lawn that has 2 duplexes on it. and after that, on Thursday we will be putting in 2 lawn areas around 2 ponds which is about 16,000 sq ft. And following this will be a few small landscape jobs, oh and one large landscape, also during this time a crew will be out mowing and taking new pictures of all the properties we maintain. Following all of this will be a 37,000 sq ft lawn we will be maintaining after it comes in. Oh, I almost forgot, sometime in there we also have 2 walkways to put in 2 fences, and 1 large patio.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Some stripes from the first cutting this spring I found, this cut as first cut with 925a, then bagged by the x340 which for an unknown reason pulled that brown stripe up :(, the 925 cut at 3.5 then the x340 did a 2.75 which is my final heigth then the 925 which cuts much better went over it one last time with a clean up pass

Sky Plant Building Window Tree

Discussion starter · #24 ·
These two are of a lawn we recieved this spring and when we first got to them they were nothing but weeds. This has gotten one weed controll treatment along with crab grass preventor on the long straight section. The other larger portion will be treated with momentum Q if and crab grass decides to show up. This was what the client requested. So what the client wants the client gets.

Sky Plant Tree Land lot Asphalt

Plant Wheel Tire Tree Road surface

looks good how d you like your x340 and how many hours on it

Discussion starter · #26 ·
The X340 is a good mower, its primary use is a snow blower in the winter, and spring dethatchings. it has I believe 350-400. If you are looking to upgrade go to the X500 series, it is a much better mower, the chasis is a million times better. But the only reason I keep getting one is for weight concerns in some locations at one account if it hasnt rained even for 2 weeks and we get 1/4" of rain you can not even walk acrossed it with out it feeling spongey like. The x340 floats right acrost it.

thanks i was just wondering because my x320 is the same model but different engine, have you had any problems with it.

Good looking work! Like the Deeres, can't beat their cut. But I Really Love all of the blue ovals on the front of those trucks. Is your 2011 an ecoboost?

Discussion starter · #29 ·
No :(, its the 5.0 I was just unsure of the eco at the time but now I wish I would have gotten the eco, mileage with 3.73 gears isnt bad 18-18.5 average empty, yea I have a mix of green and blue blood too!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
My fun from the day with the landscape crew.somthing like 2200 feet in length of straw matting(8' width), 1500 greenstakes, 1 slip and fall into the water, 100lbs of seed, and a 14 hour day I love my job!

Water Water resources Plant Asphalt Road surface

Cloud Water Sky Plant Natural environment

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Well, that last wall did not get finished due to lack of payment so project ended early. Lost about $500 of labor on the job :/.....other then that we have been extremely busy many different projects! I have been mowing Saturdays to stay ahead. We have properties that need to be mowed every 2-3 days and even at that rate they could be bagged. Here are a few pictures from this week!
Also attached is the R/C track I have built in the backlot behind the office/shop!

Plant Sky Daytime Natural environment Cloud

Sky Ecoregion Slope Tree Wood

Sky Cloud Natural landscape Slope Landscape

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Just a little fun from this past week, I really need to learn to take more pictures! We are currently trying to decide what type of compact tractor to get, needs to be good for snow removal also. Any ideas?

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Rectangle Line

Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Grass Brickwork

Building Plant Window Property Door

Sky Plant Cloud Tree Land lot

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.