Shaping up to be a wild off season

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Todd73, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

For the whopping length of time I've done this, it always seems to be pretty slow around the holidays here then an uptick after the new year. This year, I guess the rules have changed. If there are any rules here. Only my first week off since switching to bi-weekly mowing for the dormant season and I've already lined up a mulch job from a current customer, and picked up two new lawn maintenance customers; both of whom want hedges done and one with another mulch install. So much for coasting into Thanksgiving. :laugh:

2. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking to hire anyone? I would love to blast out of here right before the first snow of the season. I-95 South straight to Florida baby!

h&m GARDENS, hort101 and RDALawns like this.
  3. Todd73

Male, from Florida

I'm not hiring, but I do have unpaid internships available! :laugh:

Don't even mention the "S" word. We escaped Massachusetts in '02 in part because we couldn't stand the winters. I don't want to even think about the white stuff.

Steve5389, hort101, sjessen and 2 others like this.
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Where in Mass were ya Todd?

5. Todd73

Male, from Florida

Western MA. Grew up in Amherst. Spent a couple years in Westfield, then finished out my sentence in Easthampton.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I grew up ( well got larger , never grew up ) in Chelmsford. Now I live in Amherst NH.

hort101 and sjessen like this.
  7. Todd73

Male, from Florida

I think if we stayed in New England I would have gone north over the line too. Wife was born in Laconia.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Mines from Barnstead , just south of Alton Bay.