1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Sharing my rig with you

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cleanlawn, Aug 11, 2005.

1. cleanlawn

cleanlawn LawnSite Member

I've seen people showing pictures of their rigs so I thought I'd share some pictures of mine with you.
    This first on is how I get the debris into the truck.
    The second is a little closer.
    The third is how I unload.

dump bed truck2 001.jpg

dump bed truck2 003.jpg

dump bed truck2 004.jpg

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty neat setup, its effective judging by the pics. I'd set something like that up if I had a bagger on a Z and a truck like that.

3. cleanlawn

Thanks, I use the truck and that riding unit for snow too. I take the mower deck off and install the blade and that's my detail plow. With a couple of ramps I can go from the ground to the truck. Rider acts as weight for the truck when plowing or just getting around, and there's enough room to haul over a ton of icemelt.

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

thats sweet. I like the truck, I wish I could find a dodge with a dump bed like that, only dodge dumps i see are the city trucks, and they're not forsale :(

5. cleanlawn

I couldn't find a truck bed that did this to buy so I built one. Been noticing that there are ways to make our lives a little easier, we just don't have the equipment available to us.

6. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

i'm glad someone finally had the same idea as me i've always thought of putting a mower in the truck and then a ramp to the trailer but i've never seen if done better. Nice job!

7. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about you,

BUT if i was a one man show, I could cut grass till i was 80 with that set up. just sit on the mower and go, back it up to dump... o yea..

Very well thought out. I saved the pics for my thought in the future. Very Good work.

8. cleanlawn

Thank you, I'd been thinking of something like this for some time now, and man does it save the back. The bed was the first thing that I made. Here's a pic of the lastest thing that I've done. Tell me what you think.

two wheeled tractor unit painted 010.jpg

9. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

man I bet it would be fun to hook a sulky up to just the frame and ride around.

10. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

.... ok. I wish i had something like that too.... But i have a dedicated Ariens 24 inch snow blower and then my walkbehinds... nice to put it to use in the off season..