Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when sharpening blades, i was always told, "dont turn it upside down, and sharpen the other side". anyone agree with this?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
i only sharpen the bevel side, and alyays away from the point.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I may sharpen a little to much....a sharpen mostly on the bevelside, but do make a coule passes on the back side. The blade is realy as sharp as a knife when I'm done, the only problem is you may have to sharpen more often going with this....

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd
when sharpening blades, i was always told, "dont turn it upside down, and sharpen the other side". anyone agree with this?
If you sharpen the bottom you change to cutting height. I know it's not much, but nevertheless, it's still higher.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
If you sharpen or slightly bevel UP the bottom of the blade, your edge will look like this <

And it will cut the grass then PUSH it down and fray it to get it to pass under the blade.

Your cutting edge should be the LOWEST part of your blade surface.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by EJK2352
What maybe .020-.030"????? Come on, your really splitting hairs now!!!!
Didn't I say "not much"??;) Actually, if you are using a professional sharpener you really can't or its very hard to sharpen the other side. Also, with a bench grinder, you can't really "sharpen per say" the other side unless have wheels on both sides of the grinder and room to use them.......
Gees... it's just a pain, isn't it????:dizzy: :dizzy:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Ok guys think about this for a second. Times up!

IF BLADES WERE MEANT TO BE SHARPENED ON BOTH SIDES THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE TO BE SHARPENED LIKE THAT!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.