Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
523 Posts
my smallest /cheapest is $35 I don,t care even if I don't move my truck and it only take 5 min.
What happens when you have the bigger yard gets someone else or no longer needs you . Then you have to drive out to that small job and make nothing or tell them you have to go up on price now !!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
When people gasp at the price, i kindly ask them "what do you think" it should cost???? and then i explain to them my cost of running a "legit lawn business" The days of the neighborhood kid mowing your lawn for $5 is gone, sometime we just have to remind people that was us then and we have grown up and this is us now!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
When people gasp at the price, i kindly ask them "what do you think" it should cost???? and then i explain to them my cost of running a "legit lawn business" The days of the neighborhood kid mowing your lawn for $5 is gone, sometime we just have to remind people that was us then and we have grown up and this is us now!
I don't explain crap! You shouldn't have to justify the cost of your service. Especially since having lawn service is a luxury.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
my cheapest client is 75.00 per month for 12 months, which is next door to another client so no moving of truck. not much mowing though, my minimum price for per cut is 30.00 per week, per size of yard. can't get much better then that here for per cut..i try to get all yearly agreements.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
my minimum is $25 and some people call and say that is high!
i had many of those so when i give my price my sales pitch is being dependable and reliable, showing up the same day around the same time every week and that seems to work. most people, IMO, is calling for service cuz the other so called lawn guy showed up when they wanted to, any thats usually the first thing out of the possible clients mouth. my clients can set there clocks by me, unless i have a week like this week with the storm.

·
Super Moderator
4,330 Posts
the cool thing about pricing jobs really high is.....

the no-payers/cheap skates/ jerks are all too proud to not argue with your prices,

its a beautiful mechanic, use it, DO NOT work for negotiators,

The minute they question your price in an aggressive way, notice the red flag and bail out

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I charged my Grandma(when she was alive) $25 and she made me lunch. Always showed up at lunch time:laugh: Either I get it or the Church would get it
My minimum is now at $40.
I'lll do that at times to, or will go get lunch and eat with her. Prices are different in every regions so mininums are hard to really compare. For example mine is $20, but most of those take less then 20 mins.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
LOL ya just sitting here watching the radar and reading on here! :drinkup:
...Hee..Hee.. Im bored out my mind, im replying to post on here like their going out of style. I think i will go to block buster and rent a game for my PS3....If anyone doesn't already know, schools in the Titusville area are canceled tomorrow...My wifes a teacher for brevard county and she got the call about an hour ago..

·
Banned
32 Posts
I won't drop my gate for any less then $30; thats weekly, about 5k of turf & takes under 9 minutes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.