Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blob2: IF YOU BUY EXMARKS BE CAREFUL SHEFFIELD WILL CHANGE YOUR PERCENTAGE RATE EXAMPLE THEY ADVERTISE 9.9% THIS SPRING ON NEW EXMARKS SO I BOUGHT ONE THE CONTRACT SHOWED 13.99% WHEN I WENT TO PICK UP THE NEW MOWER,SO THE DEALER CHECKED TO SEE IF IT WAS A MISS PRINT.IT WASN'T MY CREDIT RATING WAS 781 THEY REQUIRE 800 FOR THIS RATE.SO I PAID CASH FOR THIS MOWER. I'LL NEVER BORROW MONEY FOR A MOWER AGAIN.CASH ONLY

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by lawnagent
I just applied, we will see. their website currently says 8.8% I doubt I will get approved though.
This is a problem ALL dealers & manufactures are having right know. Some dealers in rural areas have gotten Farm & Homes (these companys use to only finance farm equipment) to start loaning $$ on mowers.

Theres more than 1 way to defur a feline.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just got 8.8% in June. Sheffield is a great thing. It would be hard to get a loan at a regular bank for an equipt purchase. Many years ago Sheffield made a loan to me when I had NO credit history.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yes, something "you" as a consumer need to be aware of. Many finance companies will try to slip this type of procedure through the cracks. It's a load of crap on their part, but that's how some companies operate. I caught this type of behavior with a finance company many years ago and have learned from then on to double check finance amounts and percentages. Lending institutions are quick to give you the good news of your approval, yet leave this detail out while doing so.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The only way to build credit is to borrow. Sucks, but that's the way it works. It's rather foolish to think that you will always be able to make it through life without being in debt at some point. The way our system is set up, you have to do it somewhere along the line, unless you win the lotto when you're 18 LOL.

BTW, I got 8.8% too.....

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Or you get the preffered rate if you have had a loan with them before and no problems.

I leased to own a Walker out of Scheffield. If I remember right 5% down and like 7% interest. OK was a while back. But I have a great history with them.

When I first used them for a ground blower and a power rake or something it was 25% down and the interest was like 14%. This was a long while back, but the numbers are real close to accurate.

It's like anything else. Go get a truck loan, after you pay it off they will give you just about anything. I can get $90K from Ford no money down. Last pickup I bought in 95 I got with only a $500 deposit, paid off 6 months early. First 2 dumps I owned were financed by Ford, they are long gone now.

Now I am creating history with GM.............:p

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I used Sheffield with no problem. I bought a Toro in April with 0% & no payments until Oct. I paid it off in August. My % was 8.8% if I did not pay it off. I am now buying new snow blowers using Sheffield, no payments and 0% until April 04.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by zmowing
:blob2: IF YOU BUY EXMARKS BE CAREFUL SHEFFIELD WILL CHANGE YOUR PERCENTAGE RATE EXAMPLE THEY ADVERTISE 9.9% THIS SPRING ON NEW EXMARKS SO I BOUGHT ONE THE CONTRACT SHOWED 13.99% WHEN I WENT TO PICK UP THE NEW MOWER,SO THE DEALER CHECKED TO SEE IF IT WAS A MISS PRINT.IT WASN'T MY CREDIT RATING WAS 781 THEY REQUIRE 800 FOR THIS RATE.SO I PAID CASH FOR THIS MOWER. I'LL NEVER BORROW MONEY FOR A MOWER AGAIN.CASH ONLY
Is there something you're not telling us?

Did you choose a "no payment till ?????" option?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try financing through a Credit Union instead of a bank. We got our mower financed at a decent rate through a credit union. We opened a $25.00 account when we got the loan. That's all the money we ever have to keep in the account. We also refinanced our car loans at that credit union at a much lower rate than we had. Just another option to check out.

Mower rate 6.9%, car rates 5.9% - We don't have perfect credit, either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i used sheffield for the free 90 days, then got 6 mos. no interest from my bank, at the end of 6 months my rate will be 5.4%. Up to 48 months.
Point is, check with your local banks, tell them what you want to do, they may do it.
The Idea being, hopefuly I can pay it off within the free interst period, if not I have a nice rate to fall back on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.