• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Shin T 261

michindi

LawnSite Member
I just bought a shin 261 for $230. Was this a good deal? I have only used it on two yards so far and I have not made my mind up yet if I like it or not. But it is a little heavy. If you have a 261 what are your thoughs about it. Should I have bought the 231?

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
Bought it new for that price? If it's your main trimmer, I'd keep that over the 231.

TJLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
Maybe alittle off subject, but I bought a Shin le 231 edger and it is the hardest to start, peice of 2 cycle equiptment I have ever owned, cold or warm start. Plus it wears blades uneven and quick. I was using an Echo edger Pe 2400 and didn't have these problems. Any thoughts?

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yeah, take it back. Shins crank on the second pull, if not the first. I have the LE260, and used to have the LE261, I also have 5 other shins, all of them crank right up. Something is wrong with yours, or you're starting it wrong.

Dave

LawnSite Senior Member
, but I bought a Shin le 231 edger and it is the hardest to start, peice of 2 cycle equiptment I have ever owned, cold or warm start. Plus it wears blades uneven and quick.

I agree totally ,they seem to have there share of problems with some of the newer models since they put catalytic converters on them and then they went to a Bpm6a plug from a Bm6a plug .I would have your dealer chk the crankcase gasket then the carb.I still put in the Bm6a plug when being serviced

OP
michindi

michindi

LawnSite Member
Yes I bought it new for that price. And Yes Im going to use that for my main trimmer now. My old main trimmer was a redmax. It had a gas leak so its in the shop now.