Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a shin 261 for $230. Was this a good deal? I have only used it on two yards so far and I have not made my mind up yet if I like it or not. But it is a little heavy. If you have a 261 what are your thoughs about it. Should I have bought the 231?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Maybe alittle off subject, but I bought a Shin le 231 edger and it is the hardest to start, peice of 2 cycle equiptment I have ever owned, cold or warm start. Plus it wears blades uneven and quick. I was using an Echo edger Pe 2400 and didn't have these problems. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Yeah, take it back. Shins crank on the second pull, if not the first. I have the LE260, and used to have the LE261, I also have 5 other shins, all of them crank right up. Something is wrong with yours, or you're starting it wrong.

·
Registered
322 Posts
, but I bought a Shin le 231 edger and it is the hardest to start, peice of 2 cycle equiptment I have ever owned, cold or warm start. Plus it wears blades uneven and quick.

I agree totally ,they seem to have there share of problems with some of the newer models since they put catalytic converters on them and then they went to a Bpm6a plug from a Bm6a plug .I would have your dealer chk the crankcase gasket then the carb.I still put in the Bm6a plug when being serviced

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I bought it new for that price. And Yes Im going to use that for my main trimmer now. My old main trimmer was a redmax. It had a gas leak so its in the shop now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.