1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa C4 Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC LLC, Oct 18, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have one of these? Pros/Cons?? How do these units compare to RedMax?

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the hand held 3410 I think. Love it!

3. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well I've only owned my Eb8510 for 3 weeks now. I demoed both this and the Redmax 8001. I went to the dealer with intentions on buying the redmax. After using both I bought the Shindi. It was lighter feeling, more powerful and not as bulky.

I like hip throttles and the redmaxes was way too short compared to the Shindaiwa. It starts on 1 or 2 pulls also.

I've used all Echo's BP's up too this point and decided to try something different. I've used Echo's:403's 603's 650's,651's, 750's, and 755's for the last 16 years. And so far I'm very happy with the Eb8510. Who know's what a year or two from now what my opinion will be.

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

5. SLC  LLC

yeah, not much response on this one. Hmmmmmmmm... I need to purchase another blower tomorrow, and need to get some advice here.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed the new 8510 or 8520 Shindi at the Expo and it was a darn nice unit. Had plenty of power to it and wasn't as heavy as I thought it was.

7. MZL

MZL LawnSite Member

i have 2 Eb8510 s i love them they run really good and start easy. worth the money they also seem to have more power then the stihl 600. but i never used a redmax

8. SLC  LLC

yeah, not much response on this one. Hmmmmmmmm... I need to purchase another blower tomorrow, and need to get some advice here.

9. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I own two of the eb8510 and really like the power of the units. Both of my machines are over a year old and start on the fourth or fifth pull. I talked to my dealer about this and he said I needed to get the valves adjusted and it would start easier. For your question yes I would buy the shindi, I plan on buying another one in the next week or two.

10. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

How did you like the 755? Pros/Cons?
    I was thinking of getting one soon...