Lawn Care Forum banner

Shindaiwa EB8520 vs Redmax 8000/8001

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  joed 
#1 ·
Has anyone been able to compare the eb8520 to the Redmax 8000/8001. I have a 5 year old Redmax 8000 that I'd like to trade in for a new EB8520 if the power difference is significant.

#2 ·
The EB8520 is more powerful by far. Plus it is lighter. Plus it uses less fuel. The straps are very comfortable. I burns clean so you don't stink after running it. You know it is going to be reliable, becuase it is a Shindaiwa. You have to get the valves adjusted once a year, but it is only a 10 minute job. You will save way more on fuel than what it costs to get the valves adjusted. Find a Shindaiwa dealer that will let you demo one and you will see for yourself. You will be impressed.

#3 ·
The EB8520 is more powerful by far. Plus it is lighter. Plus it uses less fuel. The straps are very comfortable. I burns clean so you don't stink after running it. You know it is going to be reliable, becuase it is a Shindaiwa. You have to get the valves adjusted once a year, but it is only a 10 minute job. You will save way more on fuel than what it costs to get the valves adjusted. Find a Shindaiwa dealer that will let you demo one and you will see for yourself. You will be impressed.
Thanks for the response. This is what I've been looking for. I love my Redmax 8000 and will only give it up for something more powerful. The only machine that I can see that will do that is the EB8520. Only problem is price. Where I am, Canada, the Redmax goes for $679 while the EB8520 goes for $779. That's expensive for a blower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.