Lawn Care Forum banner

Shindaiwa Echo info?

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  green monster 
#1 ·
Can someone explain what is happing with the shindaiwa line? The current dealers here are taking on every brand under the sun and saying that shindaiwa is going away. I have heard the chainsaws are gone but they are still on the web site. I have also heard that they will soon be just red echo's in saws trimmers and blowers. I have noticed a couple of red echo units in the line but more info on what is going on would be nice.

#2 ·
I can not belive that nobody answered this question from echo or shindaiwa. In fact it really is dissapointing that the company did not reply to this. Shindaiwa is going threw echo distributors, but you have to be a shindaiwa dealer to get parts for them. They are also doing away with the chainsaws.

For the most part it looks as if they are killing the brand as most good dealers seem to be jumping ship in my area. But only time will tell as they do have a good product just apparently bad marketing. The good news is that even if they do kill the brand I am sure you will see it in the echo line-up as shindaiwa is a better trimmer the the echo.

#3 ·
Echo, Shindaiwa Merging Operations

dshell » 16 March 2009 » In News »
Officials with Yamabiko Corp., the recently formed parent company of Kioritz Corporation and Shindaiwa Corporation, today announced plans to merge the two companies and operate as Yamabiko. Initially, Yamabiko Corp. was created as a holding company on December 1, 2008 to take advantage of management integration,sourcing, engineering, manufacturing and other efficiencies.

The new plan is to expand the scope of the merger to include streamlining all functions. “We have already made significant progress in gaining synergy with the two companies since our 2007 alliance,” says Chuck Kitazume, President and CEO of Yamabiko. “However, continued weakening of world markets, rising costs and declining exchange rate between the dollar and yen dictate that we accelerate the consolidation process.” Operations of both companies will be merged in Japan by October 1, 2009.

This consolidation will also impact the North American operations of both companies. Shindaiwa will transfer sales and marketing responsibilities for Europe, Asia and the Middle East back to Japan as of April 1, 2009. Eventually, all Shindaiwa operations will be merged with Echo Inc., subsidiary of Kioritz Corp., in Lake Zurich, Ill. Consolidation of the U.S. operations should be completed by October 1, 2009.

“Both ECHO and Shindaiwa are well respected premium brands in the power equipment industry. The merger of these operations will result in an efficient organization with lower costs, allowing both brands to be even more competitive in the North and South American markets,” said Yasushi Asamoto, Chairman of Yamabiko Corp.

Kioritz Corp. and Echo Inc. are global manufacturers and marketers of forestry and agricultural machinery, as well as outdoor power equipment. Shindaiwa Corp. and Shindaiwa Inc. are global manufacturers and marketers of welding machines and generators, agricultural and forestry machinery and outdoor power equipment. All are members of the Yamabiko Group.

Parts are now taking longer to get parts per Dealers, that process should be approving. Also, Shindaiwa now make products for the Swisher line, typically available at Northern Tool retail stores.

#6 ·
You will still have some shind peices left. Certain trimmers and blowers are available but they did merge with Echo to gain more market share. I can give you a list if you want or let me know if your looking for something specific and I will tell you if its out there.

#8 ·
ECHO is not eliminating Shindaiwa. It is true that the Shindaiwa chain saws are gone. There are no plans for ECHO to build saws for Shindaiwa. ECHO used to make 5 units for Shindaiwa (only 1 was a saw) prior to the merger, but that is not the case anymore. There is still some old ECHO product in the red Shindaiwa package still out there, but it is inventory that is being sold down. There are no plans for either company to make a single product for the other. The strategy for the company is to keep the two brands distinct and to avoid any inventory duplication between the two lines. Both lines will sell trimmers, blowers, hedge clippers, brush cutters, sprayers, and other products, but the units will not be duplicated. Only Shindaiwa will have the fertilizer spreaders and only ECHO will have the saws. I got all this information from my ECHO and Shindaiwa dealer who has been selling both lines for a very long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.