1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa fo cheap ese!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer has a Shindaiwa T230 for $249.00 The T261 is 359.00 The T230 is a year or two old, so it's cheaper. It's not the 231 with the lower emissions crap. Does it sound like a good price?

2. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

what are they priced at new?

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I only paid $250 for my T230 2 years ago when I bought it new. I think it was a special sale at the time, but even normal I thiink they were about $280. $300 TOPS if you paid full retail price.

Kevin

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea at my dealer their 279..

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, that is a pretty good price. I got a t231 for $280.

6. Mower For Less

Maybe I misunderstood the question. Is it USED or a DEMO, or just been sitting in inventory for 2 years? If its used or demo it should be less. Old inventory, well, maybe a little less if no demand for them, but it is still a good trimmer at $250.

Kevin

7. cavemn1314

cavemn1314 LawnSite Member

I think i paid about 300 last year for my 230 new, its a great trimmer especially for 250

8. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It's new, just sitting in inventory with no owner in site. Do you guys know if it will handle the blade attachment well, specifically the E-Z Flail Head? I prefer blades over string. If I was doing this on a larger scale, I might use string. With my twenty weekly accounts, blades last a good couple weeks. I could use them alot longer if it wasn't for having to edge against sidewalks. On alot of my lawns, the grass doesn't grow fully against the sidewalks and driveway. If I use my stick edger on these account, you can't hardly notice I edged. I have to give it a slant with the trimmer. If the T230 is bad for blades, I'll probably get a T261 or T270.

9. Mower For Less

I've never used a flail blade, but I have run the brush blade on it, and it worked pretty well if you kept the RPM's up, and I imagine that would be more load than the flail blade. Its pretty powerful for a small trimmer.

Kevin

10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I don't believe you can use a blade on the t230 or 231, but I could be wrong.

I own a T231 and a T261, and would buy nothing less than the 261 now.