Lawn Care Forum banner

Shindaiwa Non-adjustable carb fix

11K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  A&R Enterprise 
#1 ·
The Carbs can be adjustable on the Shindaiwa T261 or LE261. You just got to carefully drill out the little brass plug covering the high speed adjustment screw. Match the drill bit somewhat smaller and go slow. Also, the pump assembly on the shinny carbs can be bought separately and you won't always need a total carb replacement... The non-EPA model before the legendary T270 trimmer was the T27 trimmer. It's exactly the same but with a fully adjustable carb which primes to the outside(fuel goes on the ground) making the hard core environmentalists lose their F....... minds !!

BTW the T242 seems to consistently have a lot of carb issues. I would avoid them. Remember the older Shindaiwa units were not designed to handle the alcohol in our fuels that we now have. Gaskets and lines will dry up and break down as a result from exposure, leaving air gaps/leaks etc. Use STARTRON or Marine grade Stabil(not the pink stuff) to protect against the effects of Ethanol. Great idea for newer equipment too especially since the alcohol make equipment run hotter anyway.

#2 ·
Does this hold true for a eb 802 blowers?

#3 ·
I'm not sure about the EB 802 blower but if you see a small brass plug about where a carb adjustment screw might be... The carb that I did this with was from a T261 trimmer that had a TK slide carb. I guy from a Shindaiwa supplier said thats what they were doing since some of those trimmers were having high speed issues.

BTW: I have the EB630 & the EB8510 blowers and used both frequently without a single hitch. As far as I'm concerned the 630 is bulletproof and has great control from the longer wand/tubes. What do you personally think of the EB802 and how would it compare? Rob

#4 ·
I love my eb 802.I think it is a great blower.I have had it for 1.5 years with no issues at all.The only little thing is it needs to warm up a little to run wide open.Other than that its awsome.I also have a PB 770 Echo and it blows a little harder with a more controlled blowing power compared to the eb 802.I have a pic of the carb on the eb802 and I don't think it is adjustable with the brass plug.No plug on the outside ,but their is a small one on the inward side where you can't get to.I can't compare the eb 802 too the eb630 because I do not have one(sorry)
Have a Merry Xmas
Al

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Bumper

#5 ·
If it had a brass plug covering the high speed adjusting screw, it would right above the low speed one. Not on the opposite side of the carb.

Thanks to the EPA for the engine's lean carb and/or port design for the warm up period. I guess they're now running like a frickin' Echo machine when cold.

The older models don't do that at all - "First to start, last to quit"
Yep, that's exactly right there buddy. I'll just stay with what I have now...

Does your Echo 770 have any warm up or other issues? BTW: what do you have in the F350 "on juice"?

#6 ·
Yeah the echo only needs just about 7-10 sec warm up and shes ready to rip.I have used it quite a bit this year on leaf cleanups and runs real good with 0 problems.The fuel consumption is right on par with the shindy 802.
My truck has a 6 position Bully Dog chip,gauges,4'' exhaust.All's I can say ,what a difference.If I stay out of the pedal I get 2 more miles to the gallon when driving normal.I love the black soot coming out the exhast when the rice burners get up my azz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.