1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

shindaiwa pole saw bogging out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Nov 11, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grrrr...

My shindaiwa pole saw is not living up to its expectations, I had my guy take limbs off a laurel tree that was about 15ft high yesterday.. he said he couldn't use the shindaiwa pole saw because it kept bogging out and choking out!!

The limbs were only about 3-5" inches as well!!

M230 STraight shaft w/ pole saw attachment - shindaiwa.

:angry: :angry:

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

2 stroke bog?
    [​IMG]

3. alpine692003

LOL .. I am not a happy camper with the pole saw, I'm going to try it again..

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds to me like a simple carb adjustment. Run the HS (highspeed screw out a little futher to richen it. Also, check your fuel filter. And if it isn't an exact "bog", but more like a hesitation and lack of power, your spark arrestor screen may be plugged up. Don't fret on it though, because it's not the saw, it's something simple. I hope this helps.

5. alpine692003

Yah, I just changed the fuel filter recently. I will adjust the idle screw and add some rpm's! good idea!

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

1st rule of shindiawa equipment.

Remove the spark arrestor screen and toss it.

7. alpine692003

LOL..

What will that do?

8. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

My guess is a clogged muffler (most likely just the spark arresting screen). When exhaust gasses can't flow freely the back pressure will bog 2 cycle equipment right down. Clean or remove the screen and it will run fine.

9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

:) Exactly what Westbrook said.

All my Shindiawa equipment seems to plug the spark arrestor screen really fast, If you have not removed/cleaned it yet, that is the first place to start on a fairly new engine.

10. alpine692003

okay the spark plug arrestor is a small mini mesh screen that comes out of the exhaust port right?