Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Anything with "1" on it is new, and not as good. It's the new emission controls. I just took my 261 Stick edger back today.....didn't have the power of the regular 260, bogged down when throttled up. I had him order me a T-230( weedeater), the old kind, he actually got 6 in, I grabbed one, and will grab more soon. He said he couldn't find a 260 Stick edger, bummer. I would really love to have one. As for the 300 hours, no way. They may not have the raw power of the originals, but they still rock, and only minor adjustments were made to the carbs to produce the 261. There is something IN the carbs that can be tweaked to make them run like the 260's, but for almost $400.00, I told him I didn't want anything brand new that had to be tweaked.

Shindaiwa rocks!! My little 230 is much lighter than my 270, and almost the same power, I've been lugging that 270 beast around for years and years, I think this will be a nice little change.

~Nest

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.