shindaiwa t-27

thethirstymoose

LawnSite Member
Help......I need to replace the clutch drum...not the shoes but the drum, because I think the spline are wore out. Has anyone taken these apart? I have it dis-assembled all the way to the fan cover, just can't seem to get it apart? Anyone ever done this?

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ive taken apart 231 & 260. Basically remove the engine shroud and there are 4 bolts holding the drum cover on
then there is a snap ring and a wire ring holding them in.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

thethirstymoose

LawnSite Member
I did take the 4 bolts from behind the fan cover.......right above the clutch drum. I don't even know why they were there, they seemed pointless I took them out thnking the same thing, that the clutch drum would just slide on out..Not.....I still have the shaft collar attached to the fan cover, I see a clip that looks to be holding the clutch cover on, but getting to that clip almost seems impossible to get to, there has to be an easier way. I have taken apart several blowers, trimmers by shindaiwa, and things are really simple, why is this so difficult? Thank you for your response, but the t-27 must be made different

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had to use 2 dentist pics to get the ring out. I think i still have one apart. Will take pics when i get home
Posted via Mobile Device

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
Got mine at harbor freight tools but u can probably get some at autozone
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

thethirstymoose

LawnSite Member
I tried to put the shaft is from the head side because the shaft doesnt spin, I think it's slipping, so I was going to replace the drum and a new shaft, I think they both are bad