1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa T230 Vs. Echo SRM-2400

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Youngster, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Which weedeater do you think would be better? I cut anywhere from 5-7 yards a week and want something that will last a long time. I currently own an Echo and have been impressed with it. Over 4 years old and no problems at all. but I have heard many good things about Shindaiwa. What would you pick?

2. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i really like the shindaiwa.

3. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

I'm biased because I have never used anything but my Stihl FS80. It's only two years old but I haven't had a single problem. I'll buy another one.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We use Shindaiwa trimmers, great machines.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you've got a good, dependable trimmer right now. Use it 'till it dies then check out Shindaiwa. They make fine trimmers.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't tell for sure about the Shindiawas. Ours are only 4-5 years old with no major problems. Let you know for sure in 5 years.:)<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Shindaiwa is #1 in my book. My oldest trimmer (T27) is 10 years old now. The only thing I've ever had to replace was the ingition coil, and that was last month! I hope I can get 10 more years out if it.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Platinum Member

I had 5 SRM 2400's. They all ended up running poorly with carb problems. I didn't realize how bad they ran until I switched to the T230's.

9. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

i have three srm 2400's and i like them alot better than the t230's which i have used just about as much as the echos. One of my echos got run over last year and i thought about replacing it with a t230 but decided not to for a couple of reasons: 1.i already have echos 2. echos are easier to get parts for around me 3. i like the way the echos run better. I think i'm going to look into the redmax trimmers though when it comes time to replace all of my trimmers.

10. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

i personally like Stihl (FS 85, FC 75, BR400). I haven't really tried a shindawa. I don't like echo's look at their air filter, it looks dificult to service, you need a screwdriver, and the case for the air filter isn't as well integrated to the engine case as it is on a stihl. I can check the air filter on my stihl with my bare hands. small thing but i'm sure it adds up, I can also do everything i'll ever need to with the 2 tools stihl sells with every piece of equipment they make. and these 2 tools fit into the base of my blower. its a great system