Shindaiwa T2500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captaingreen, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

If you are in a climate that is no too dry, pull the spark arrestor screen out of the muffler, stops fouling and lengthens engine life.

2. MR. Nomo

MR. Nomo LawnSite Member

What exactly are the spark arrester screens for?. I have heard this on several threads and have actually removed all of mine in the last week, it was then I realize I really didn't know why I was doing it except for most of the experienced guy's were saying to remove it.
    Any info. will be appreciated!
    Thanks,

3. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I take the spark arrestors out as soon as I bring them home from the dealer. The screen will clog and choke the trimmer. I've never had a problem with my Shins starting.

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

P&C

get a new dealer J/K, mine takes them out for me:cool:

The screen keeps sparks from ignition or back fire from coming out through the muffler. In dry climates such as CA these sparks cause forrest fires.

hope that helps

5. MR. Nomo

MR. Nomo LawnSite Member

Thanks for that peice of info P&C!

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

All of my shins crank right up, never removed a thing.

7. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh.........My dealer takes the arestors off for me too. First thing he dose.

Have ya tryed spraying some of that "Easy Start" spray into the air filtter mate? I run ALL shiny 2 banger stuff and it's running first or second pull. I've never tryed the spray but thats what it's made for. Give it a go.

Mr Nomo, The Spark arrestors are there to make sure no sparks are ejected from the muffler causing a fire.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

shindaiwa are easy to start bar none there is a exact way to start them;)

9. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

Guys have sent an e-mail to Shindawia about the cranking problem on the T2500 no answer as of yet . will let you all know when they return my e-mail.