1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

shindaiwa t260 questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Jul 17, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

well i started getting jealous of all you guys on here and i bought one today .i have a couple of questions about it.1 i paid 3oo plus tax was that a fair price.2the trimmer guard is very big on it do you recommend i remove it on my echo srm 2400 i bought it used there was no guard i like it better that way for longer trimmer line for edgeing.3the head is a little annoying s there a replaceable one ..other than that i love it .the t270 was a little heavier the t230 i almost bought but i said the heck let me see what all you guys are bragging about.

2. carl28

carl28 LawnSite Member

T-260 great trimmer we made the jump from the 230's to the 260's last season doing a way with all our old efco's and husquvarna trimmers the 260 is balls on the most powerful dependable and productive trimmer I have ever owned. We have left the trimmer shrouds on our T-260's and have never had a problem with the stock tap heads tried manual heads just didn't like them you will be very pleased with your new purchase.

3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

ALL my T-260's were 335.00. As soon as I buy one, the gaurd comes off.(have several if anybody ever needs one) I use many types of trimmer heads, so I can't recommend any for you (still looking for a Green machine head.....if you find one, send it my way)........Since it's the only brand I would buy, I think you made a wise choice.