1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

shindaiwa t272x only runs half choke

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by hotwired, Aug 30, 2009.

1. hotwired

hotwired LawnSite Member
    from maine

Hi
    I have 2 shindaiwa t272x -- i was going to sell them now that I've discovered STIHL FS90R -- half the weight, nearly half the price, half the noise, almost same power as t260. But one of them is running boggish -- will run well on half choke -- so I brought it to mechanic, but was up to $70 in labor and hadn't found problem, so I took it home, ordered brand new carb, thinking that is what i should automatically do from now on the minute a 2 cycle machine without mixing screws runs boggish. But after swapping carbs ($60) it's running exactly the same. I have already bored out the baffle, scraped the exhaust ports, etc. etc -- and I'm PRETTy sure I changed the in tank fuel filter ... maybe I should do it again just to be sure ... and I use ECHO 50 to 1 oil .. anyone have similar problems with shindaiwa or other trimmer -- where symptoms said "carbuerator" but it was something else? Any ideas would be AWESOME -- I've decided to keep these till' the end, just to have backups and I'd like to keep them up and running smoothly. Thanks!!