1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcmurrytw, Jul 1, 2001.

1. mcmurrytw

mcmurrytw LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Shindaiwa T260 trimmer. I love the trimmer but the bump head does hold much trimmer line. I find myself having to stop every 20 minutes to fill it back up. I am using Echo cross file .95 trimmer line. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good bump trimmer head that will work on the T260? I also have a Stihl FS-85 and I like the bump head on it. Will that head work on the T260?

2. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

We switch all of our whipheads to the green machine style heads (wider, and therefore hold more string) ...

stiCK-nINe

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Every 20 minutes....for real ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

4. mcmurrytw

Yes, every 20 minutes. I cut around a lot of chain link fence.

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Man, 20 minutes? I think ya need some Roundup for that fence ;)

6. mcmurrytw

I have now applied Round-up around the fence. I hope that helps. I still have lots of thorn bushes/trees to deal with. But I would still like to have a better trimmer head.

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we run the shindaiwa n echo weed wackers ....find that both use about 10-12 feet of .95 in either head ;->

8. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

20 mins? ........lol .............. even if you find another type/brand head that hold 2X
    or 3X as much, that's still every 40 - 60 mins. Get a manual head, and you'll use alot less line.............trust me. .........(alot of people [here] use .105 Crossfire............get some .130 with a fixed head (or manual) will last alot longer.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

20 minutes eh? I go 2 weeks between refilling my trimmer head and since I use 2 trimmers I only refill once a month. I'm using Echo Crossfire .095 line. I trim around chainlink (i can go around 400' of chainlink and never need to bump the head), trees, concrete bulkheads and all of the usual stuff. I do know a guy who refills like 10 heads a day for his crew of 3 but they use the guards on the trimmers and that really eats the line off.