1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, May 2, 2003.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

My Stihl 85R **** the bed and I need a new trimmer, I am between a T230 and a T260. Which one should I get?

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, I have 2 of the T230's and am very happy with them. I've never really felt that I had a need for more power.

I also bought the articulating hedge trimmer attachment that you can get for them. Very handy.

And I liked the price of the T230's too.

3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the 270.

I had a green machine and bought a 270. The 270 is awesome, has a heavy clutch and is beautiful to handle.

I will never buy anything else.

Just my $0.02

Adam

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I really like the T230, but they are running in short supply around these parts. The T231 has taken it's place. I am not necessarily worried about having a catalytic converter on a two-cycle, but rather the extra weight they carry. I like the old style trigger too. Some still have it, some do not. I have seen a T230 with the new style and a T231 with the old, go figure :confused: I know of one dealer that still has T230's in stock, seven in fact. But I can't really stand the dealer, so they can keep them. I wish I could buy them like I used to, $225-250, I'd buy several.

BTW, if anyone knows of dealers in the southeast that have any old style trigger T230's in stock, let me know. I would like to have two more right now.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I own two shindawias and I personally don't care for them...the only great thing that I can say about them is that they run really smooth. My employees do love them though, but I just feel that have the power and durability. I have sworn up and down on Stihls, but right now one of my mine is on the last leg and I am considering moving onto something else...the else, I have no idea.

6. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

I have a 260,Ilike the way it runs but the heads are junk.I put a Redmax head on it.I like it alot now.I also have 2 Redmax trimmers.They are great trimmers.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I hear a lot of people say they don't like the head that comes on them. Guess it's just a matter of opinion, but I have never had a problem with them :)

8. heather

heather LawnSite Member

we have bought one of the c4 4strokes. I love the power but It has been hard to start 6-8 pulls. Once started it's great.We also run deere trimmers and have had little trouble with them

9. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

we own two 230's and a 270 go w/ the 230 we love ours and the only time i break out w/ the 270 is the stuff that is 2-3 foot tall

10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly!

I love my T-230. It is very light and easy to use at any angles. Edges very good too!