Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
TNT...I am not sure about the "rumor" but, I will tell you that I own 2 261's and they have been great ever since I brought them back from the dealer...I would strongly recommend them...I ended up putting Shindy blade on one of the weedeaters! They are strong...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know a local private organization uses them to maintain their grounds and likes them (They had been previously using Stihl). Also the T231's, I know some here don't like them but I know a paving company that loves 'em and believe me those guys beat the living crap out of their machines. He says they haven't had a single problem ever with the t231's never ever been back to the dealer since he bought em.
But the T261 & T231 aren't really new, been out for a while now, in fact the T231 is being phased out, replaced by the T242 which is an even better unit, IMO. I'm guessing that Shindaiwa will come out with a replacement for the T261 soon, too.
Yes it's true, Shindaiwa & Kioritz (Echo) are working in collaboration. Should mean a much faster development cycle.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the T270 and that thing has the power to cut anything I have changed the head on it thought but I do get a better cut

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
The 261s are too powerful, in our experience. I don't like them and my workers don't like them either. It vibrates a little too much. Just a little too strong for your average daily edging, light weed eating.

If you wanted to buy one just for those times you had to cut down some REALLY THICK brush, maybe. But otherwise, stick with the 231s. They are plenty strong enough for 99% of what you'd ever need one for.

Yes, they are owned by Echo but are maintaining their own separate production lines and names for now. So they are still wholly different brands and units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.