1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Shindawa, Echo, RedMax or Kawa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Titans Fan, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Titans Fan

Titans Fan LawnSite Member

Which of these trimmers is the best in the weight category. I want power, but weight is very important.
    I love my Echo SRM260-S, but I'm open to a new product.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Take a look at the Husqvarna's. Light in weight and plenty of power. Love ours and they are used everyday.

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo 2601 - most reliable trimmer I've ever owned.
    I have a Kawi 26A- Best for long days. Perfectly balanced and lighter than Echo. But I have killed it in 2 years flat. I have an Echo that just finished its 6th season and still runs.
    Just bought my first Redmax a week ago. I'll let ya know how I like it around the 15th of April if you remind me.

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Shinadaiwa T260 is a perfect weight/power ratio.

Draw back: It will only last 10 years or so. Hehe

5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

What does everyone think of the STIHL FS85 here. That is all I ever used and i love them but i'm buying new weed whackers this year and i'm thinking of trying something new. I know there are better companies out there I just have in my head that I like the STIHL

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Personally, I think stihl are junk. Love the heads, use them on my shindaiawas, but I wouldn't pay $20.00 for a stihl. Echo either.

7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah i'd never buy an Echo, but one of my coustomers gave it to me for free so it was a good deal. I run crappy gas in it and throw it when i get mad. the only thing i had to do was clean the plug once and i had it for two years. It does lack power but other then that i am quite impressed with it.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Try the 110 more power and about same weight I run a 250 weights not an issue and plenty of power. Love my Stihls

9. Titans Fan

Titans Fan LawnSite Member

which Husqvarna unit do you use?

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

grab a echo 260, great machine.