1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

shipping used mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mikemac, Mar 25, 2002.

1. mikemac

mikemac LawnSite Member

can anyone relate any experience with shipping a mower, either a walk behind or ztr type??

What I'm seeing in the "used" commercial category would require shipping

I'm in So. Calif area, and once in this area I could either load it onto the back of my truck or use a trailer

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

all depends on from where, u could rent something and go get it, u could find someone else that will be coming through ur area with someting, also theres probably quite a difference between the cost to ship a wb or a z

3. Catcher

Catcher LawnSite Member

Weeeeell,
    I guess my biggest beef with buying a used unit from a distance is that you can't actually see what you're buying.
    There is no substitute for 'being there' and looking at, listening to and trying stuff out, especially with used stuff.
    I guess my point is, if there's a really great looking deal a state over or so, hop in the truck and check it out (it'd have to be a bargain for the distance), if you like it you throw it in the truck and bring it with you.