Shop Build

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GravelyGuy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

IMG_20181113_160926040_HDR.jpg

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

A picture of my broken down Tx1000 and the brand new broken down TX2000 at GIE. Gotta love it when these manufactures rush things to market!

IMG_20170916_103602926.jpg

IMG_20181018_135011177_HDR.jpg

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I only have 50 hours on it. It has only went through regen one time and it lasted 20-30 mins. I just kept using it. I could smell it but didn't seem to affect performance.

4. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

I put 186 worry free hours on my sk800 this year. Do you still use your dingo for smaller projects?

Any pics of the 550?

5. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Good to hear. How many hours total do you have on it? Have you had to adjust the idler hub bearings? I just went through and checked them all like the book says to do at 50 hours. Only a few had play so I went ahead and adjusted all of them. That's a bit of a pain, but worth it if they hold up. I love how easy it is to clean the tracks out. I did have to get a new parking brake cylinder. It started leaking on me.

Toro replaced my original TX1000 after they replaced the entire loader arm assembly and couldn't figure out why the arms still rubbed down the sides of the machine when raised and lowered. There original fix for this was to bolt plastic pieces on the tower and arms to act as rub plates. They still use this half baked fix on the new units that I have seen. Mine were so far off the plastic pieces got destroyed almost immediately after being replaced. That wasn't the only problem that I had but it was the biggest. I sold the new one with less than 30 hours because I didn't trust it after that. The machine was very smooth to operate it just has design flaws.

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

IMG_20170815_184319525.jpg

8. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

That picture is the new set of loader arms. It was sad............

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Here is the 550. It is lettered and has Alcoas and a tarp roller on it now!

IMG_20171119_150941172_HDR.jpg

10. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

Yah I’ve ran a few dingos before I bought a boxer. They suck. I’ve heard nothing but bad story’s about the new ones too. People say buy for dealer support but if it’s always at the dealer how is it making you money.

This was my first year with ditch witch. Those 186 hours are total on the machine