Shopping first ride on spreader sprayer.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GL2019, Apr 24, 2019.

1. GL2019

GL2019 LawnSite Member

Looking at 2 ride on spreader sprayers,
    Like most I'm trying to keep my cost down!
    I have found a couple carry over 2018 models.
    Toro for $7595
    Permagreen for $8000
    I am leaning toward the Toro because of the power and hydrostatic.
    But my fert supplier sells the Permagreen and is pushing really hard to by his.
    Any help would be appreciated
    and please be as specific about your experience with these machines as possible!
    Thanks

2. Serial weed killer

Serial weed killer LawnSite Member

if you can afford 8000 for a perma green i would strongly recommend you save 1000 more and look at the z-spray. I have ran the jr36 models for 9 years, and love them. A good friend of mine starting out bought a permagreen and wishes he would have waited and went with z-spray. truly they are light years apart.

3. OP
    OP
    GL2019

GL2019 LawnSite Member

Yes, everyone recommends the Z but they are out of my price range. Seems like the Toro is more versatile than the permagreen, capable of higher spray volumes.
    I need to get in tight spots, and deal with sloped lake lots, but I also want versatility......I know I can't have everything.

4. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Get a turfco.

americanlawn likes this.
  5. Serial weed killer

Serial weed killer LawnSite Member

Before you rule out the z look at lt richs website they were bought out by ex mark but they used to list used machines for sale some with low hours at a bargain. If this is not an option, and i had to choose between toro or pg I think the hydrostatic transmission on the toro would make it my firm choice.

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i would look into z spray or steel green unit. z spray has a 36in jr on there site used for 8900.00

7. OP
    OP
    GL2019

GL2019 LawnSite Member

Toro dealer has Dropped the price another $100 and is offering 42 month 0% financing.
    Looking more like the way to go!

8. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Just bought a new ZSpray this morning!! E0E812CC-5AA5-40F9-89A7-B4C41945C22A.jpeg

Cam15 and zlandman like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    GL2019

GL2019 LawnSite Member

Congrats! Maybe I'll b there in a few years.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I’d lean toward SteelGreen right now with ZSpray a cluster after being sold out.

gregory likes this.