Shopping for trailer today

Hotty Toddy

LawnSite Senior Member
IMG-7542.JPG

Spent the morning looking around looking at trailers. The 5.5x8' caught my eye.

How difficult would it be to add side rack for string trimmers and blowers? Would the round rails (as opposed to angle iron) make that more difficult?

Currently I only have a Honda walk-behind, a Sthil straight shaft trimmer, Stihl stick edger, and BR 800x. I'm considering getting a Walker mower in a few months.

Thoughts or toughts that I need to think about?

OP
H

Hotty Toddy

LawnSite Senior Member
The place I looked today was TrailersPlus. I am avoiding the box stores.

There's a guy locally who fabricates trailers for some landscapers in town. I've not seen any of his work, but my Walker and ExMark dealer mentioned him to me.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
That’s good, did you get to talk to anyone there? Personally I wouldn’t get a 5x8.. especially if your considering getting a walker

OP
H

Hotty Toddy

LawnSite Senior Member
That’s good, did you get to talk to anyone there? Personally I wouldn’t get a 5x8.. especially if your considering getting a walker
I did personally visit with a guy there. They do any repair work onsite on their trailers.

From there I went to the Walker dealer. After looking at the T25i, I too thought the 5x8 would be a bit tight. I want the trailer to be sufficient to carrier something like a Walker + walk behind Honda. But I don't want something gargantuan, either.