Should I buy.....

premierlawncaremi

LawnSite Member
Found an Exmark that im interested in. 2002 60" with 1900 hrs on it comes with ultra vac that has new bearings. Home-owner owned and the paint is hardly scratched. He is asking $3800, what do you guys think?

JCLawn and more

LawnSite Fanatic
Found an Exmark that im interested in. 2002 60" with 1900 hrs on it comes with ultra vac that has new bearings. Home-owner owned and the paint is hardly scratched. He is asking $3800, what do you guys think?
I would pass only because the engine might start giving you fits and a new one its like 7-8 range. i would say no more than 3.

OP
P

premierlawncaremi

LawnSite Member
Yes a Homeowner, its almost ten yrs old. That's 190 hrs a year which would be about right for a very large yard, plus he probably mows slow.

OP
P

premierlawncaremi

LawnSite Member
To bad its 1 hr 20 min away from my shop and he upgraded.

willowick

LawnSite Member
Hmm, he obviously didn't think this through. He coulda bought a nice place in Holland and been done with it.
BTW - why do you guys have a road called Felch St?

edit: [sarcasm/]

Last edited:

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
Price is far too high. I would say $2500 would be a fair price. There are plenty of things going against the machine, 1900 hours, 10 years old, etc. You would have to find out what components may have already been replaced recently. Its a high hour machine which increases the chances of having break downs more often or having parts needing replacement more frequently.

I don't care if it is a homeowner machine or a commercial machine, it still has 1900 hours on the unit. Being that the machine is nearly 10 years old, how hard will it be to get parts for it? I'm not too familiar with exmark machines/support but parts change over the years and certain parts, while still available, can be hard to get or may take a while to be delivered.

So if you could get this mower for a cheaper price and make sure to keep some parts in stock for it, then it may not be a bad mower. Would I use it for MY main machine?...No. However, if i had the work and wanted an exmark (not going to happen) I probably wouldn't have a problem buying this unit.

OP
P

premierlawncaremi

LawnSite Member
$2500.....No way, not gonna happen. The vac alone is worth $1500-2000. And getting parts would not be a problem, very common mower/model.
Posted via Mobile Device