Should i sell my gravely wb?

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've been wondering if I should sell my Gravely belt WB. Just as far as getting my some of my money back while it's still got some value. It has 138hrs on it. I juse want to make sure I can get my $ back if I sell it cause I want to replace it with a Exmark TT.

What do yall think I should do?

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Another reason why I'm considering selling the belt WB is the controls are just a pain to use all day, hill stability is good but when your turn on the hill it tends to jerk a little and tear up the turf, other than that the cut quality is amazing it's just the controls I don't care for.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Another reason why I'm considering selling the belt WB is the controls are just a pain to use all day, hill stability is good but when your turn on the hill it tends to jerk a little and tear up the turf, other than that the cut quality is amazing it's just the controls I don't care for.
And I figured since it's mostly dry season right now I wouldn't have to worry too much about not having it for the soggy ground.

FitzRightMowingService

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a Metro and yes the jerking is annoying at times when on a hill or a slope when turning. I have gained a lot of experience with the belt so hopefully if I upgrade to a hydro it will be a quick transition.

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well.. I think I'm going to just keep using this belt drive until September then I'll list em up for sale. The cut on it is amazing it's just those painful controls.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
All this talk about jerking belt drives....
That doesn’t sound right
Something is missing adjusted
I think I recall something like that happening if one of the pulleys was bent or damaged but jerky steering isn’t a normal characteristic of belt drive piston grip steering
Sloppy and loose are better descriptions

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
All this talk about jerking belt drives....
That doesn’t sound right
Something is missing adjusted
I think I recall something like that happening if one of the pulleys was bent or damaged but jerky steering isn’t a normal characteristic of belt drive piston grip steering
Sloppy and loose are better descriptions
Agreed. I think it's just inexperience.