• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Should I sell the Grasshopper?

Green Acres

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a Grasshopper that I was thinking of getting rid of come spring time. It's a 93 721 (21hp Kubota) with a 60" deck on it. It has been a good machine for me. It has about 2000 hrs on it and nothing major seems to be the matter with it. It needs to be painted which I plan on doing if I keep it. What do you think I should ask for this piece of equipment? I would like to sell it and maybe get a walk-behind since I have a Lazer Z and the grasshopper was mainly a back-up last year and used on some of the bigger accounts. So please give me any suggestions you think are relevent. Thanks

awm

LawnSite Gold Member
Lazer is good but they break too.Id make the
grasshopper a project and hold to it.
Then test market for it once an a while.
You never know when somebody who needs it
pretty bad will come along.Until then u got
a good backup.TM

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
I agree the same. I run a Lazer, and keep an old Gravely 300 rider with me for back up. I couldn't IMAGINE trying to tacckle it with my walk behind!

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Ditto everybody else. Don't sell any equipment that is still in good shape, you will need it one day. I would sell it when you are ready to purchase another machine but not until then.

If it ain't broke-------don't sell it!