1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

should late payers........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 27, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

should late payers pay a higher rate for thier service, than thier neighbors who pay on time? i'm thinking screw the late fees. if someone is habitually late, they should pay a higher rate. example- say you normally charge $30 mowing for them and thier neighbors. $300 for ferts. $400 for fall clean up. i think the habitual late payer should pay $35, $335, $450. this is how credit card companies make big money. if you have bad credit, they still give you a card, but at a much higher rate, with severe late/overlimit fees. anyone use this method? input?

2. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I've been thinking about doing some like this but charging an extra 10% if they are more than five days late,but was wondering if they would refuse,i'm not as big a co. as you and coul;d not really afford to lose any customers if this became an issue.I know you will grill me for saying that!!