Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling with my lawn during hot GA summers for 3.5 years and this is the first August that the lawn has actually survived! :clapping: I just cut it and it looks pretty good and full. It has a few brown spots but they're very few and hard to spot. All in all, the lawn looks good to have survived this summer.

But I'm now wondering if I should have it aerated and reseeded reguardless, or should I just go with the regular fertilizing routine. I'll post some pics when I get home. There's some yellow, but the lawn is still pretty full. Shouldn't this thicken up a little more by it's self for should I reseed it anyway? I'm on the fence because I know that you can crowd out fescue and it will start to die because of root competition. Basically, do you reseed only when it's really thin or reseed reguardless unless it's perfectly full and green?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm no landscaper....

But I drive a van all over Charlotte,NC...

And I see crews reseeding the same beautiful fescue lawns and landscapes around businesses and establishments every year...

I've talked to the some of the guys....

They say aerate..fertilize...reseed and Pre-M every year...

I have been doing it a while and plan to this year....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Reseeding can never hurt. The problem is that your tall fescue is not hardy enough for the heat you area has been seeing. Aerating every year is overkill.

I would reseed with a blend, that offers additional grasses that will survive the heat better. This will help the Fescue reduce attrition since the grass will be thicker/deeper rooted, the soil more protected from sunlight, and the lawn will retain water/nutrient longer.

Cap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.