Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns?

Bfish

LawnSite Member
How many yards are you mowing (and avg size)? How many weeks do you mow (I'm around 9-10 months)? Would you use a dual purpose (like snow removal)?

With out knowing your wants and needs, it is hard to make a recommendation....It sounds like your tired of the repair hassle. Buying used but higher grade may or may not fix that issue. I would recommend a pro-sumer/estate grade or light commercial grade, especially if you can get 0% financing.

OP
T

treysoucie

LawnSite Member
I mow 2 acres of grass at my house roughly once every week or two from may thru October. With leaf cleanup in October. It will not be used in a commercial setting.

gardiner

LawnSite Senior Member
Check with the local dealers. I have seen some dealer will have used for sale. I know I would feel better about a purchase. That the dealer serviced. Over what Tracy is selling .
Ask yourself how many 1.5 to 3 k mowers you want to buy . Before you buy one that will last the rest of your life. Only mowing one property. That VR2 I use . would be the last one I have to buy.

Integrity-LC

LawnSite Member
IF you're sick of repairing mowers you might be disappointed getting someones used clapped out commercial unit. Youre looking at machines that were in the 10K range or more new but are now selling for under 3K and there is a reason for that. Id bet most of these have thousands of hours on them which means hydro motors and pumps are worn, engine is worn, bearings, bushings ect. My advice, figure out what style mower you want, youre all over the map here and once you do save up your cash until you can afford a new prosumer or entry level commercial unit of whatever style mower you want.

OP
T

treysoucie

LawnSite Member
Thanks for all the help folks I think I'm going to go snag these simplicity champion zero turn. The unit was homeowner used not commercially I think it will work out fine for my home use

Top Forums