SIDE DISCHARGE MOWERS

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
HOW DO YOU CUT WITHOUT HAVING PILES OF GRASS LAYING ON THE LAWN? BEEN MOWING WITH A SIMPLICTY BROODMOOR TRACTOR AND IT'S LEAVING PILES OF GRASS. HAVE BEEN GOING OVER IT SEVERAL TIMES TO TRY AND CHOP IT UP. IS THERE AN EASIER WAY TO GET A NICE FINISH CUT WITHOUT GOING OVER IT SEVERAL TIMES? PLEASE HELP! MOWMAN

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
Do you have a chute deflector on it? If so, that will make it all pile up instead of spreading the clippings out evenly. If the deflector is off and it's still doing this, try using 2 blades per spindle if this mower will handle it. That chops up the clipping much better and spreads them out better also.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Also try cutting more often. This will produce less clippings.

geogunn

LawnSite Gold Member
try high lift blades. I used standard lift for a long time not even knowing that high lifts were available.<p>standard lift gators did not seem to make much of a difference.<p>thanks to information sharing on this forum, got a hold of the high lifts and what a difference.<p>unfortunately, I'm eating about five times the dust and clippings back in my face. trade offs.<p>can't wait for dry leaf mulching time this fall.<p>GEO

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Begin your cut in the middle of the lawn and move the clippings to the outer perimeter. Just keep working from the middle out and blow it out not in back on the cut grass. You will spend more time this way but the end result will be a clean finished look. <p>Homer

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
There is no secret. First cut the grass more often and second cut it with a commercial mower. This is a &lt;i&gt;&lt;b&gt;commercial&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/b&gt; mower forum.

slingshot

LawnSite Member
good reply richard or do they call you #$@^ YOU MUST BE A PRO very simple we arent all as knowledgable as you<br>