1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Side Ramp on Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by smassengill, May 6, 2010.

1. smassengill

smassengill LawnSite Member

Anyone ever find a trailer with a side ramp or add one? I think the ideal trailer would be a 24 foot enclosed with a 6 foot side ramp for walk behinds, standers, or z-sprays. Post pics if you got em.

2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

They have em, motor cycle trailers have them, the vee nose ramp doors are bad ash!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

Some of the v-nose ramps cannot be used unless the truck is parked at an angle to the trailer, which is rather inconvenient.

4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

^ oh that sux then.

I know it's kinda off topic but I think the fuel doors are pretty cool to!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. smassengill

I think those motorcyle trailers will cut down on your ability to put cabinets and stuff up front. But fuel doors?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. rlong97150

rlong97150 LawnSite Member

I ordered my 2010 Pace Summit that way. 597.00 put a 60 inch side ramp on the passenger side and the 36 inch entry door moved to the driver side for no charge. I want to say that there is still 30 inches at the front of the trailer for cabinets. I ordered mine with the built in shelves. Was supposed to be done on May 7th but the factory is running a week behind. Will take pics when I pick it up later this week. Hopefully.

Thanks

Bob

7. smassengill

Wow. Smart move. Sounds nearly perfect. How is the quality of pace trailers? Please do post pics.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. rlong97150

rlong97150 LawnSite Member

I have had a couple different enclosed trailers in the past but this is my first one for lawncare. I did a lot of research and shopping and Pace was at the top of my short list quality wise. I really wanted the Shadow GT by Pace but just couldnt spend the dollars to get it right now so I went with the Summit with the Landscape package. Mines an 8x20 with the wide axles, side ramp, loading lights, ATP shelving, spare tire in floor, and extra height for 7,200.00. I ordered all my racks from Extreme and a Pit-pal for it so its gonna be set up right. Just waiting on it to be finished so I can go pick it up.

Thanks

Bob