1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sidegate Trailer? Yes? No?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 8rickyj, Dec 18, 2010.

1. 8rickyj

8rickyj LawnSite Member

What did you make the rake and shovel holder from? I cant tell by the pic, I like that idea.

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Here's what mine looks like, its a 54" side gate. Hope it helps...

Attached Files:

3. pinecrestwoods

pinecrestwoods LawnSite Member

Here's an in-progress shot from when I built mine. That's a 36" walk behind on there. Only thing is the length of the ramp. A walk behind is real easy to wheelie up and down, but my Stander was a little more tricky to learn how to do it safely. Easy as pie, though, if you pull up curbside and gain 6-8" on height.

The space in the middel of the front is for another ramp that goes from the trailer to the truck bed (gotta get to that one of these days).

TruckNTrailer 023.jpgb.jpg

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^ thats one Heck of an idea. more pics?

5. pinecrestwoods

pinecrestwoods LawnSite Member

If NewJersey is referring to my stuff, it's not as nice as some of these other units. I don't have the ramp built yet from the trailer to truck. This trailer was a horse trailer in a former life before I got it (cheap). Really narrow. So, I started widening it from the front, and built this cage-looking deal for the front. Then I got busy- you know how it goes. Tough to rip into a trailer that's gotta be in service.

Then I got an enclosed, and haven't worked on this trailer. I did pick up a hoist/dump setup several weeks ago for $25. It's from a dumping grain cart, minus the running gear.

My plan is for this trailer to be a leaf rig. The entire back of the trailer will become a dump box. (..... if I get around to it!!!!) It's destined to look redneck until it sinks into the ground, but I'll get it looking decent. :weightlifter:

The side ramp was a huge time-saver for me. At only around 60" wide, you can see that I had to line everything up single-file, and the equipment you wanted would generally be behind everything.

TruckNTrailer 012b.jpg

TruckNTrailer 016b.jpg

TruckNTrailer 019b.jpg

6. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I was actually refering to the ramp from the trailer to the bed.

7. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

That is the perfect trailer.. Who built it?

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

It was built by B&B Truck Equipment in Byron Center, MI. They really only build custom trailers on occasion, not exactly their main business, but they really build a quality trailer, I've been very happy with that trailer since I've had it.

9. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply.. It looks great

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i like mower brads trailer.